Monday, May 17, 2010

My First Chapel Hill Weekend

Today is the start of my second week here in Chapel Hill. Tomorrow the Orientation Leaders get here and training begins- so today is a lot of last minute finishing touches. I am so excited to start working with them and I hope that they think all the activities Nathalie and I have planned are as cool as we do!

This weekend was very relaxing. I stayed in the residence hall on Saturday to do some reading, take a really long nap, and just enjoy the down time before Orientation kicks in. Nathalie and I watched Step Up- I forgot how much I loved that movie- then watched Alec Baldwin on the SNL season finale- pretty funny! Sunday, Nathalie and I went to see Letters to Juliet at Southpoint Mall- a huge outdoor complex of shops, restaurants and entertainment (think Sandhill for my Cola friends). The movie was cute- definitely predicable. Honestly, I think Southpoint was more stimulating than the movie. I told Nathalie I had to put blinders on to prevent me from wandering in to one of the many stores that caught my eye. We went to SuperTarget- my first ST experience. Again- blinders- groceries only...although I did stumble into the dresses at one point but didn't try any on- willpower wins again.

After SuperTarget, I cleaned up my room in the residence hall and got organized for the week ahead. I'm really looking forward to having all 20 of the OLs here, even if it is really scary. I just hope I can inspire them to be as wonderful as I know they are. I've already noticed that UNC-CH students are different than other students I've worked with before, so I'm excited to see how that will change how I work with them. I love working with students so much, and even though it's not a whole lot of fun- Nathalie and I have planned some really purposeful and fun training activities for them. Hopefully they'll enjoy it.

Now, I'm getting ready to go into my second office staff meeting before another meeting with my supervisor. Tonight, Nathalie and I are going to try to navigate the laundry situation. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment